Operational Programme Competitiveness (2000-2006)
Επιχειρησιακό Πρόγραμμα Ανταγωνιστικότητα (2000-2006)
Research and Technology policy priorities are based on the Operational Programme for Competitiveness (2002 - 2006) under the Third Community Support Framework for Greece. The priority areas of the above mentioned programme follow the international scientific and technological trends and reflect the importance of certain fields as national priorities for Greece (i.e. sea transport), sectors of major social importance (i.e. transport sector) and also the major trends in the course to a knowledge based economy.
Within that framework, a special objective of quality-orientated competitiveness in the Research & Technological Development sector is to encourage the creation of new business activities and to assist the creation of new competitive advantages based on cohesive technical and economic networks.
The new Programme “Competitiveness and Entrepreneurship” (EPAN ΙΙ) of the Ministry of Development for the Period 2007 –2013, co-financed by the European Union –European Regional Development Fund, continues and expands the successful actions from the first Operational Programme “Competitiveness” 2000 – 2006.
A special objective of quality-orientated competitiveness in the Research & Technological Development sector is to encourage the creation of new business activities and to assist the creation of new competitive advantages based on cohesive technical and economic networks.
The main aims of the programme are:
- Promotion of new technologies, which will utilise high level scientific potential
- Encouragement of research results commercialisation
- Promotion of technology parks and research centres.
The Operational Programme 'Competitiveness' 2000 - 2006 contains 9 priority axes which are briefly described below:
- Priority Axis 1 - Improving the Business Environment
- Priority Axis 2 - Support and Encouragement of Business Initiatives
- Priority Axis 3 - Promotion of Excellence in Business Activity
- Priority Axis 4 - Technological Innovation and Research
- Priority Axis 5 - Differentiation of the Tourism Product/ Promotion of Greece as a Tourist Destination
- Priority Axis 6 - Securing the Energy Supply and Promoting
- Priority Axis 7 - Energy and Sustainable Development
- Priority Axis 8 - Human Resources
- Priority Axis 9 - Technical Aid.
The public funding spend over five years on the above mentioned projects amounts to approximately EUR 1 million.
31 projects (12 new projects added to 19 already listed) related to transport sector coming under 5 Measures of priority axes 3, 4 and 8.
- Development of freight vehicles management tool in supporting effective supply chain management
- Network Application of Public Transport Movements
- Public Transport Administration in cases of emergency due to physical or technological danger
- Organization, Administration, Management of Port Freight Terminals
- Integrated logistics system for supply chain management
- Road safety