Safety and Security in Transport
Finansierer forskning om transportsikkerhet innenfor tre hovedtemaer
The research programme 'Safety and Security in Transport' (TRANSIKK) is a continuation of the research programme 'Risk and Safety in the Transport Sector' (RISIT) which lasted from 2002 to 2009. The TRANSIKK programme provides funding for research within the following three areas: regulation, governance and management, safety culture and technology and transport safety and security.
The primary objective of the TRANSIKK programme is to enhance transport safety and security by strengthening the knowledge base available for policy designation, transport administration and transport implementation.
The TRANSIKK programme aims at:
- Providing funding for research that will lead to a better basis for decision-making;
- Strengthening Norwegian research groups;
- Promoting researcher recruitment;
- Establishing more meeting places for researchers and users;
- Facilitating active knowledge sharing and discussion of research results, both during the project period and in the concluding phase.