In the next 20 years, the organisation of transport will be subject to major changes. For this reason, public authorities and professional actors are thinking together on these transformations and on answers developed in Europe and throughout the world. The vocation of this theme was to supply a maximum of landmarks to enlighten strategies of actors and to have a common view of the principal issues.
This field of research attaches great importance to improve global comprehension of transport systems and to outline possible evolution on long term. Strategic research deals with analysis of mobility needs, advance of technology and services, transport economics and plans.
The main directions of research were the following:
- Information systems
- Welfare watch employment
- Decision, evaluation process
- Mobility, economic development and planning
- Socio-economic relevance of new technologies
- Transport places (stations, interchanges, ports, terminals, etc): continuity or rupture
- Non-motorised trips
- Monetarisation of external effects of transport.
See main programme form for Predit 2 for details.