For the last 30 years, mobility and transport have increased significantly. Regarding safety, significant improvements have been made in past years, as the scope for improvement was great. Today, this scope is very narrow and traffic continues to increase whilst social pressure for road safety is greater and greater.
The objective of this operational group is to contribute via technological innovation to reducing risks connected to transportation in a context of predictable traffic increase.
Three areas are studied:
- global systems of ground control for rail or guided vehicles,
- safety of road systems and
- driving aids for natural 'safety'.
This Predit sub programme focuses on three themes:
- Control systems and ground command of rail or guided vehicles: development of train driving and speed regulating systems, given traffic intensity, weather conditions, incidents, etc. For instance, re-programming of routes in case of incident.
- Safety of road systems in order to develop sustainable road safety: development of alert systems, speed regulation in real time, better communication, assistance to infrastructure managers, etc
- Driving aid devices for 'natural' driving: improvement of the perception of environment by the driver, detection and prevention of hypo-vigilance, analysis of the limits of the use of information technology.
See main programme form for Predit 3 for details.
Ms Marie-Claire de Franclieu (2)