It is conceived to develop an efficient, safe and non-polluting transport system (for passengers and freight), providing interconnected transport networks and designing, executing and managing the infrastructure, in order to reduce the damages to environment and to raise the quality-cost ratio.
The projects are co-ordinated by organisations, with main profile in research-development, universities, economic agents which undertake research and development activities.
- Integrated transport systems;
- Modern solutions providing the functional consistency of the infrastructure with the international transport systems;
- Modern transport technologies and transport services in accordance with the international standards and providing consistency with the European system.
The Transports Sub-programme includes eight modules, such as:
- The rehabilitation, modernisation and development of transport infrastructures
- The alignment of the national transport system to the European system;
- Modern transport means and equipment;
- Durable development in transports;
- Improving passenger's comfort and increasing safety and security in transports;
- Macroeconomic politics in transports;
- Modernisation and development of the transport systems;
- Transport and traffic management.
The funding conditions are related to the types of projects, activities, actions and also duration of the projects.
There are categories and types of eligible costs.
Subcontracting is permitted, with a maximum threshold specified.
The projects will not be totally financed by the programme budget, there will be financing rates per type of activity.
The short- term projects, with immediate applicability, will have priority in financing.
There are eligibility conditions regarding participants and projects as well.
Mr Sorin Baban - AMTRANS Contact point for the EC's 6th Framework Programme