Accessibility to the public of the historic and shopping center of downtown Kos by bicycle
Improvement in the quality of the environment in the centre of the town and at the entrances into town.
- Everyday movements around the historic places, places of public use and the town market with thermal engines vehicles.
- Traffic decongestion during the tourist period.
The division of labour is as follows:
Works implementation and traffic regulations study
1) Reconstruction of separate lanes including traffic signs and necessary equipment to facilitate bicyclists and pedestrians (5 KM)
2) Formation of open spaces (4500 M2) and provision of equipment at the joining points of (1) and: a) the two entrances into town; b) the monuments; c) the shopping center
STAGE C (Supporting efforts towards the promotion of the project):
1) Town-dwellers information on this (meetings, informational programmes and spots on TV and radio)
2) Visitors information on this (Spots and a special leaflet concerning the project)
3) Communication of the results outside Kos (Press release and a special publication).