CH4LLENGE develops transferable solutions to the four common challenges faced when developing and implementing Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs):
- participation of stakeholders;
- institutional cooperation;
- identifying effective measures;
- monitoring and evaluation the plan making process and its measures.
The 9 partner cities represent the diverse cultures in sustainable urban mobility planning in Europe. CH4LLENGE supports up to 30 committed 'follower' cities to practice sustainable urban mobility planning. A broad set of activities such as national SUMP challenge seminars, e-learning courses, site visits, manuals, quick facts, and the measure option generator will ensure high visibility of the project.
- Apply a systematic approach to address the four SUMP development and implementation challenges.
- Pilot schemes to test solutions for overcoming barriers in the fields of participation, institutional cooperation and evaluation in the context of SUMPs.
- SUMP challenge kits for local practitioners covering the 4 defined SUMP challenges. These will consist of 'quick-facts' for decision makers as well as manuals and e-learning courses for practitioners.
- 30 road maps to initiate the development of a Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan in the 30 follower cities of the CH4LLENGE project, leading to a take-up of more strategic mobility planning procedures by decision-makers.
- 200 young professionals and 320 external stakeholders trained in overcoming SUMP challenges.