The idea of the project is to develop and promote environmentally friendly, multimodal transport solutions from the ports in the SEE programme area (Black Sea, Aegean, Adriatic) to inland countries and regions along a selected pilot transnational network. This will be done by developing and establishing a "multimodal transport development platform", which integrates different regions and stakeholders from the transport business.
ADB Multiplatform aims at:
- developing a network of multimodal hubs in the SEE area, with common quality and performance standards, connected by innovative ICT and transport services
- developing accessibility and trade within the SEE area and corridors addressed
- making multimodal transport a real alternative to road for hinterland traffic catchable by Adriatic/Aegean/Black Sea Ports, through common development actions of multimodal transport
- making rail a reliable solution for economic operators of the SEE area, through the development of a main integrated rail corridor connecting the Black Sea to landlocked countries, with branches to main Adriatic Ports
- integration of rail and inland waterway transport through the enhancement of main rail-river hubs and promotion of rail-water intermodality
- protecting the environment of the SEE area, through the shift of road traffic to rail and inland waterway and the development of international agreements for developing policies for external costs internalisation.
• External costs of transport - lessons learnt
For more information see the attached document.