The AW-Drones Coordination and Support Action intends to contribute to the safe use of mass market drones by facilitating the on-going EU regulatory process for the definition of rules, technical standards and procedures. The Action will benefit from the contribution of the most relevant stakeholders in the drone value-chain including drone suppliers, operators, academia and regulators. These actors will support, from their respective point of view, the collection of data, information and perspectives regarding the use of drones worldwide and contribute to its analysis supporting EASA's regulatory due-process. In particular, data, information and perspectives will include:
- Current standardization activity and standard perspectives for evolution of drone products and services
- Research works regarding safety and incidents involving drones
- Local and regional solutions adopted by aviation safety regulators to address mass market drone operations
- Application issues emerging from different market application of drones
- Elements hampering wide distribution and mutual recognition of drone-based product and services between States Information gathered will be critically assessed and benchmarked using defined criteria taking into account the needs and opinions of the different stakeholders of the drone value-chain.
Data useful for the validation of specific products or technical requirements will be structured systematically and correlated with appropriate confidence measures.
The objectives will be to:
- Provide a knowledge-base of "best practice" and data supporting the EASA's regulatory process
- Contribute to the development and subsequent validation of a well-reasoned set of technical standards appropriate for all relevant categories of drones