CYCLO is focused on the realization of experiences of sustainable mobility through the implementation of bike-use in small and medium urban systems in the MED area, contributing to spread a philosophy of sustainable and eco-compatible economic and social progress. CYCLO promotes an active participation of each territory to the project strategy to turn some cycling cities into accessible systems, through the implementation of pilot actions/awareness events to promote bike-based multimodality.
State of the art of project implementation since the project start:
- Guidelines for the Analysis of existing cycling assets in urban contexts and 9 Analysis at local level
- The organization of the final event in Marche region: 1 day of internal meeting and cycling study visit in Chiaravalle, one in Pesaro and a public event about cycling tourism in Ancona
- The organization of Focus Groups with regional and local policy-makers and town planners by each involved partner and Round Tables with public and private transport companies, tourism operators, etc. by each involved partner
- The implementation of the Pilot Actions in 5 partner areas to concretely improve the cycling situation
- The organization of awareness raising events for the wide public by each involved partner, such as pupils guided cycling tours, courses on cycling, cycling tours for tourists, initiatives for commuters, road safety training, etc.
- Development of a local communication campaign by each involved partner
- The elaboration of an Analysis of the main EU policies and main actors at European level