International corridors are the most important part of Lithuanian road network. Though there are still (many) sections falling behind the requirements for transport corridors.
The main objectives of this project are to reconstruct these sections and to ensure safe and convenient traffic conditions in conformity with the level of traffic volume, road significance and international standards. Implementation of works planned in the Strategic Development Program of Transport Corridor I will improve infrastructure of roads linking the Pan-European transport corridors and will result in the following benefit:
- better and higher quality road traffic conditions;
- reduced accident rate;
- reduced vehicle operating costs;
- strengthened road pavement structure;
- slower pavement degradation and longer pavement service life;
- lower costs of road repair and routine maintenance.
The Project includes:
- strengthening of road pavement – 24.83 km;
- strengthening and widening of road pavement – 29.2 km;
- construction of pedestrian – cycling paths – 3.89 km;
- road illumination – 5.9 km;
- reconstruction of bridge or bridge deck – 14 unit;
- insulation of windows in the living houses – 149 unit;
- planting of road sections – 2.654 km;
- construction of noise protection walls – 0.952 km;
- construction of wire net fencing – 12.70 km;
- - implementation of water protection measures – 4 units.