The project is aimed to development and building of SIMRAIL equivalent railway load simulator for utilisation on the RAILBCOT – rail vehicles brake components test stand. The simulator enables to apply the required load on the railway wheelset and to research the wheel tread profiles wearing and to analyse the equivalent conicity evaluation as an important prediction parameter of driving characteristics of a rail vehicle in operation.
The simulator role is to apply the change of frame, wheels and braking forces loads via defined load collections by means of computer program. The project solution enables to create the conditions for the middle-time running tests of the wheelset profiles wearing in the laboratory performance.
The project solution improves the level of the applied railway research contribution of Slovak Republic to the European and world standards.
Partial results of the project are:
- Application of frame forces change,
- Application of wheel power changes,
- Applying the change of the transverse position of the two-wheel in the limit cycle,
- Application of change of braking forces.
- Program management of SIMRAIL Simulator