The ASSURED Project proposal addresses the topic GV-08-2017, “Electrified urban commercial vehicles integration with fast charging infrastructure” of the Green Vehicle work programme. A 39-member consortium from 12 different EU Member States will conduct the work.
The overall objectives of ASSURED are:
- Analysing the needs of the cities, operators and end-users to derive the requirements and specifications for the next generation of electrically chargeable heavy-duty (HD) vehicles (i.e. buses), medium-duty (MD) trucks and light duty vehicles for operation within an urban environment;
- Improving the total cost of ownership (TCO) through better understanding of the impact of fast charging profiles on battery lifetime, sizing, safety, grid reliability and energy- efficiency of the charger-vehicle combination;
- Development of next generation modular high-power charging solutions for electrified HD and MD vehicles;
- Development of innovative charging management strategies to improve the TCO, the environmental impact, operational cost and the impact on the grid stability from the fleet upscaling point of view;
- Demonstration of 6 electrically chargeable HD vehicles (public transport buses), 3 MD trucks (2 refuse collections & 1 delivery truck) and 1 light duty vehicle with automatic fast charging;
- Development of interoperable and scalable high power charging solutions among different key European charging solution providers;
- Demonstration of energy and cost efficient wireless charging solutions up to 100 kW for an electric light duty vehicle (VAN);
- Evaluating the cost, energy efficiency, impact on the grid of the different use cases, noise and environmental impact of the ASSURED solutions;
- To actively support the take‐up of business cases and exploitation of project results across Europe of the use cases by partner cities (Barcelona, Osnabruck, Goteborg, Brussels, Jaworzno, Munich, Eindhoven, Bayonne, Madrid) and end users.