ICT services for Electric Vehicle Enhancing the User experience
CT 4 EVEU is a project born with the aim of deploying an innovative set of ICT services for electric vehicles (EV) in different and complementary pilots across Europe. The scope of the ICT services is the integration of different management systems operating on the existing EV infrastructures in the cities where the pilots will be run, so that related services are deployed making use of these interconnected infrastructures.
The pilots will be based in a growing, geographically speaking, scope. There will be three main pilots:
Based in Bristol, UK, and its commute area
Based in Spanish towns of Vitoria and Pamplona, creating a common corridor of 100 Km length
Based in Slovenia, within the main cities of the country, Ljubljana and Maribor. It will be combining the union of two cities plus an international scope, as this pilot will count with the observers from the region of Styria in Austria, which have shown a big interest in the proposal.
The general objective of the proposal will be to deploy a set of ICT-based services for European Vehicles focused on the integration of innovative technologies; thus enhancing the user experience with an increasing geographical scope for the 3 kinds of pilots: urban, regional and transnational.
Furthermore, the project will contribute to the European goal of creating a sustainable transport system with lower carbon emissions.
Specific objectivesclassified according to the technologies involved:
- ICT solutions and smart systems integration:
- To make the driver aware of the remaining energy and of the resulting restrictions in terms of range and comfort.
- To recommend and guide the driver to the most suitable recharging station, according to the battery status and the grid availability.
- To conveniently book a charging point in advance at the suggested station simplifying the payment procedure with different charging point managers and receiving notifications when the EV is conveniently charged.
- To guarantee the access to reviews including information about the charging history, events, charging stations utilized.
- Type of vehicle and type of energy
- To make use of innovative tools for communication vehicle - infrastructure - control centre. This involves real-time management of large amounts of information from different system actors: clients, infrastructure, vehicles and operators as well as its processing and distribution using optimised communication channels.
- While cooperative systems onboard are still in a preliminary phase of adoption, the ever increasing penetration of smartphones and mobile devices among consumers sets an outstanding opportunity to deliver these value added services directly to the drivers and encourage them to start using fully electric road transport solutions.
The work plan is organized along 6 Work Packages (WP):
WP1: Pilots harmonisation and design
WP2: Deployment and Implementation of the pilot
WP3: Global validation and tuning the pilots
WP4: Creation of an international platform of public-private cooperation to foster smart electro-mobility
WP5: Dissemination of project results and exchange among different pilot experience
WP6: Project Management