The comprehensive objective of IMPACT-2 is to help maximising the impact of Shift2Rail by preparing the socio-economic framework. It contains analysing the socio-economic impact of the S2R developments, assessing the impact of the Shift2Rail development by using key performance indicators and System Platform Demonstrators (SPD), as well as starting the standardisation of the S2R technologies. Another objective is to integrate the different rail service operations via a common ICT structure. This Integration Layer provide a seamless exchange of involved Traffic Operations and Assets covered under the scope of this program with a specified data structure to enable legacy and new applications to unambiguously use the available information as input to optimize their service offer. Finally, the transversal aspects of smart maintenance and human capital are covered.
Specific objectives of IMPACT-2 are:
- Assess the effects for mobility, society and environment induced by new technology solutions and developments
- Introducing relevant targets and needs to create a more attractive, a more competitive and more sustainable rail system,
- Defining System Platform Demonstrators (SPD) that represent future application use cases
- Defining Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that enable the monitoring and assessment of the Shift2Rail overall target achievement,
- Smart Maintenance
- Prepare an efficient process for bringing Shift2Rail results into standardisation
- Develop a common platform for the intelligent mobility management
- Human Resources
The project IMPACT-2 is planned to fulfil all respective topics of the Shift2Rail Annual Work Plan 2017.