MOTUS is a platform of services able to gather, aggregate and interpret in real time urban mobility data from different infrastructures scattered across urban areas and in historic cities.
The main objective of the project was to improve the management, sustainability and environmental compatibility of urban mobility.
Co-funded by Ministry of Economic Development within the framework of the Industria 2015 Programme, MOTUS gives solutions to citizens and tourists needs in cities of artistic interest and tourist sites or in urban scenarios.
The MOTUS operating system is based on a set of services able to detect and interpret the mobility flows through location provider based on GPS technology, GSM/UMTS, info-local providers and infrastructures installed in specific locations.
The services of the project are built around the citizen who is no longer the passive actor to whom impose norms, but becomes a crucial element in the management process of urban mobility.
By providing information on urban mobility, citizens are able to plan in real time their journey. Tourists are also engaged in the process by both providing information and using the content and value added data. By transmitting information by smartphones, tablets and desktops, MOTUS actively engaged the various actors involved in a system of mutual cooperation.
The system developed consisted of different modules customised to the urban needs:
- MOTUS BLU - Subsystem for the Mobility Management
- MOTUS LILLA - Subsystem for the Info-mobility Services on the Mobile Network
- MOTUS GIALLO - Subsystem for the Services to the Tourists
- MOTUS ARANCIONE - Subsystem for the Services to the Citizens
- MOTUS ROSSO - Subsystem to Overcome Eventual Malfunctions of the Local Transport Network
- MOTUS VERDE - Subsystem for the Eco-mobility Services