Multiscale Modeling of Traffic Pollutants in Urban Area
Original Language Title: Modélisation Multi-échelles de la pollution due au trafic dans un environnement urbain
The monitoring of air quality is carried out within the regulatory framework defined by the Air and Rational Use of Energy Act of 30th December 1996 (acronym "LAURE"), regulating the monitoring of air quality and public information in France.
One of the main objectives is to identify pollution and its primary sources through the use of measurement and modelling tools.
The main objective of the TRAFIPOLLU research project is the development of dynamic modelling tools that determine the location of pollutants generated by road traffic in an urban environment.
Such tools require variable spatial and temporal scale resolutions. Modelling chains have to be implemented at the various urban scales (street, city and district) to predict (i) the traffic behaviour, (ii) the pollutants emissions, (iii) the dispersion of pollutants in the atmosphere, (iv) deposition of pollutants and (v) transfer in water and soil.
- Improved tools and methods for operational impact assessments
- Better modeling of pollutant emissions and dispersion to assess air quality, from a local scale to a city-wide scale
- Fine characterization of air quality on a traffic axis, as a function of traffic conditions
- Development of new methods for continuous monitoring of pollutants
- Construction of a series of dynamic models to quantify pollutants in flowing waters validated by measurement
- Better description of the interactions between pollutants and impermeable urban surfaces to assess the contamination of urban soils
- LICIT Laboratoire Ingénierie Circulation Transport
- CEREA Centre d'Enseignement et de Recherche en Environnement Atmosphérique
- CETE IF Centre d'Etudes Techniques de l'Equipement - Ile de France
- GER Département Géotechnique, Eau et Risques
- GRETTIA Génie des Réseaux de Transport Terrestres et Informatique Avancée
- IGN INSTITUT NATIONAL DE L'INFORMATION GEOGRAPHIQUE ET FORESTIERE
- LEESU Laboratoire Eau Environnement et Systèmes Urbains
- LTE / IM - EASE Laboratoire Transports et Environnement / Département Infrastructures et mobilité