PERformance-based Formal modelling and Optimal tRaffic Management for movING-block RAILway signalling
PERFORMINGRAIL will support the activities of the IP2 Adaptable Communications Technology Demonstrator, by helping to bring the developments as close as possible to the market but also supporting to update the regulatory framework.
In accordance with the objectives of the IP2 TD2.4 Fail Safe Train Positioning (including GNSS) described in the S2R Multi Annual Action Plan (MAAP), in the field of Train Localisation (based on the use of combined technologies such as for example EGNSS, IMU, kinematics, Digital Map) the main objectives of PERFORMINGRAIL are to contribute with:
- Enhanced railways Fault Detection and Exclusion algorithms for addressing local feared events;
- Data fusion algorithms suitable for railway safe applications;
- EGNSS monitoring techniques based on carrier phase measurement and multi-frequency technology;
- To help promote the use of formal methods as a means to check the safety of advanced railway operation (in accordance with IP2 TD2.7); and
- To provide an Independent Assessment Report on the proposed technologies and solutions.
The aim of PERFORMINGRAIL is to delineate through, formal modelling and optimal traffic management, a moving block railway signalling that mitigates potential hazards in the diverse market segments.