Personalized, adaptive cooperative systems for automated vehicles
Original Language Title: Personalisierte, adaptive kooperative Systeme für automatisierte Fahrzeuge
Mobility is a key factor in our daily lives. Therefore, new, advanced systems of the human-technology interaction should be developed, which contribute to more safety, comfort and reliability in this area. Automated driving offers great potential for more road safety. This with views Based on the interaction between human and technical system, safe passing of vehicle control by the driver to the automation and vice versa results quite challenging.
The project aims at providing an adaptation concept for vehicle automation. The development of a safe, holistic and universal concept for an individualized and personalized cooperation between driver and automated vehicle constitutes a basic condition for admission of future highly automated vehicles.
Based on the observation of the interior of the vehicle, the driver condition will be identified and combined with a personalised user profile, in order to assess the current performance of the driver. In a second step, the automation in the vehicle will be personalized and customized. The user profile is transferred to different vehicles, but data sovereignty always remains at the user. Informations and instructions should be exchanged between driver and vehicle as cooperation partners through various channels in order to support the transfer of control of the vehicle.
- Special fund for large-scale research at Karlsruhe Institute for Technology (KIT), Karlsruhe
- Technical University of Munich
- Fraunhofer Institute of Optronics, System Technologies and Image Exploitation, Karlsruhe
- Robert Bosch GmbH, Gerlingen-Schillerhöhe
- BMW AG, München
- Spiegel Institute Mannheim GmbH & Co. KG, Mannheim
- Videmo Intelligente Videoanalyse GmbH & Co. KG, Karlsruhe
- mVISE AG, Düsseldorf
- Research Center Informatics at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe
- b.i.g. security, Karlsruhe