In SCALE-UP 3 advanced urban nodes Antwerp, Madrid and Turku, team up around 1 main goal: develop data-driven and user centric strategies to accelerate the take-up of smart, clean and inclusive mobility, by means of well-connected and multi-usage urban nodes, to the level needed to meet EU climate and transport objectives.
To reach the main goal, 5 strategic objectives are defined:
- Improve multi-level and multi-stakeholder governance enabling seamless multimodal transport across urban nodes
- Develop (inter)connected and multimodal nodes for passengers and freight as a backbone of a resilient mobility system, including network optimisations
- Develop data driven mobility strategies and tools to stimulate seamless multimodal transport of passengers and freight and optimise network capacity across the wider urban area
- Provide access to inclusive clean and safe mobility solutions
- Change travel behaviour focussing on clean, active and healthy modes of transport
The 5 objectives relate to fields of intervention in which the SCALE-UP urban areas excel and deliver valuable output by implementing 28 mobility measures scaled to the FUA and taking into account the TEN-T dimension. Furthermore, a strong framework for thematic policy validation amongst SCALE-UP experts guarantees a meaningful cooperation between the 3 urban areas, internal capacity building and mutual exchange and learning.
A 6th strategic objective (TAKE UP) defines how the project delivers evidence of the effectiveness of the different actions in relation to EU climate and transport targets, and how it accelerates the take-up of these solutions amongst and beyond SCALE-UP urban areas.
The evaluation framework with proven EU record, provides evidence of the impact. Moreover, the data driven approach pays special attention to how new digital mobility solutions yield new datasets. These offer new insights and feed the evaluation framework resulting in a more evidence- based policy development.