Complete with results
Total project cost
Deployment planning/Financing/Market roll-out
The aim of the study was to determine the most effective alternative fuel infrastructure implementation for the Latvian economy (reviewing electricity, CNG, LNG, hydrogen, biofuels scenarios).
Ministry of Transport Republic of Latvia (from INEA/CEF)
It reviews the effects on emission reduction forecasts in the Latvian transport sector and various national economy fields. The study offers development solution options for alternative fuel implementation based on the optimal scenario.
The study includes:
- alternative fuel infrastructures technical solution options according to Latvian situation;
- recommended charging/filling gas station volumes and location map;
- numbers of fossil fuel vehicles to be replaced;
- options for alternative implementation and economically most effective solutions for public transports fields;
- the required aid intensity;
- the most appropriate direct incentives for their demand increase;
- normative acts and technical and administrative procedure analysis;
- predicted alternative fuel vehicles amount for years 2020, 2025, 2030 and 2050, according to the optimal scenario.
The study concludes with recommendations in prioritising order.
Krisjana Valdemara iela 21., Riga, LV-1010, Latvia
Transport research and innovation strategies