The goals of the project are the following:
1. to identify key factors for building a macroscopic model of non-motorised modes;
2. to present the adequate methodology of modelling, especially assignment;
3. to test the created model.
The project is organised as follows:
1. Literature research;
2. Identification of the main explanatory variables;
3. Construction of a network that is suitable for non-motorised modes;
4. Development of the mode choice parameters for non-motorised modes;
5. Trip-assignment, model calibration and sensitivity tests;
6. Data collection to improve the understanding of pedestrians’ and cyclists’ behaviour;
7. Refinement of the mode choice parameters and trip-assignment;
8. Tests with the multimodal model of Geneva.