The aim of this project is to further develop innovative technologies for connected autonomous vehicles to accelerate adoption of driverless vehicles and allied technologies in the UK. This project will introduce innovative technologies to operate connected autonomous cars in a platoon formation from Stockport directly to the arrivals terminal at Manchester Airport. Concurrently, a platoon of three pods will transit passengers to and from a car park in the airport to the passenger terminals. Project Synergy will facilitate inclusive accessible transport for the aged and the visually impaired. Innovations include: rapid battery charging using graphene supercapacitors enabling power sharing between vehicles. An Artificial Intelligence system will provide natural conversation concierge service to users. Development of control strategies and sensor technologies to facilitate platooning. Design of secure connectivity solutions for real-time communications of the platoon convoy within urban infrastructure. Deployment of resource sharing such as audio and video between the vehicles during platooning operation. This project will lead to the formation of new business models to improve mobility and the environment whilst providing economic growth through new job and business creation.
- To establish the first M1 and POD platoon project in the UK.
- Use all british supply chains to manufacture M1 and POD vehicles.
- Development of control strategies and sensor technologiews to facilitate platooning.
- Connected solutions for real-time communications of the paltooning convoy.
- Accessibiltiy features to allow ease of use for elderly and visually impaired.
- Development of interactive screens with image enhancement software.
- Creation of In-POD, Infotainment services.
- V2X cyber security.
- Rapid battery charging.
- Demonstration of secure motorway communication connectivity.
- Urban modelling and traffic flow.