Zsira-Lutzmannsburg-Nikitsch are neighbors, but the continuity between them is not secured for several reasons.
In the direction of Lutzmannsburg, a road runs from Zsira to the border, but there is a sign "driveway prohibited", since the traffic would disturb the sun spa Lutzmannsburg. From the direction of Nikitsch, a road leads to the Hungarian border which continues on a road used by the border guard and is of very poor quality. Safety and accesibility for high-quality cars and bicycle traffic is also not possible here. These problems are a permanent source of conflict. Lutzmannsburg is a hub for cycling and the promotion of the eco-mobility of the micro-space is an important development. The potentials in not currently being utilized.
The aim of the project is the extension and / or the renovation of 3 street stages, which guarantee the direct continuity of the border.
- A new border crossing point is established between Lutzmannsburg and Zsira,
- Reconstruction of the road from Zsira's municipal border to the new border crossing point at Zsira-Lutzmannsburg
- Zsira-Nikitsch border crossing: expansion and continuation of the road that already exists from Nikitsch to the state border.
Within the scope of the project, the following results were achieved:
- Preparations for investments
- Extension of infrastructure
- Public relation
- Eco-touristic offers, programs and events for cyclists
The project is an important part of the planning policy in the cross-border regions