The project aimed to create:
- A public transport information system-based collection, processing, evaluation and utilisation by the community which would bring a significant improvement into the competitiveness of transport systems.
- Compared to the transport infrastructure and the fleet development, a significantly lower investment ensures the efficient operation of the existing fleet,
- and improving the quality and predictable service to passengers.
The following means were used in the project:
• Satellite vehicle positioning system (GPS)
• A new traffic control system and dispatch centre
• Dynamic passenger information system
• Stoplight influence
• Data and voice communication
This means support for all the transport nets in Budapest and agglomeration: tramway, trolleybus and bus networks.
- In-vehicle device installed in 2295 vehicles
- Displays at 263 stations
- 2024 new-vehicle display devices
- Design of 32 dispatch centre workstations
- Data and voice communication network - all these devices were installed in Budapest and its agglomeration
- On-site data communication on 14 sites
- 30 traffic light manipulation nodes
Better information system about public transport in the capital city and its agglomeration.
The project contributes to Hungarian policies for enhancing the public transport.
Better information can bring more travellers into public transport in the city.