Mobility of persons with disabilities started to attract attention in the early eighties. In the Western Europe, in Sweden and in the North America was realized that use of public transport is only for some people, those, who are healthy and able to use public transport.
The year 1981 was declared as the first year of a disabled. In this year people have to first realize that people with disabilities should have the same rights as the major population. Part of these rights are the rights for mobility, the possibilities for use of public transport. Developments in the understanding of the needs of mobility for all citizens led to changes in the state policy, including the policy on the transport.
The aim of the project was to handle with issues related to disclosure of public transport for people with disabilities. Further aims were:
- negotiations on accessible taxi;
- negotiations with the Ministry of Transport;
- detection and localization of light and acoustic devices at crossing,
- cooperation with public on this issue.
- negotiations with the Ministry of Transport
- cooperation with the public
- improving light and acoustic marking.