The programme for the promotion of Technical Research is an instrument by means of which the Government articulates a group of calls for tenders to be funded with public funds. It is addressed at stimulating companies and other entities to carry out technological research and development activities. The programme accords to the objectives established in the National Plan of the Scientific Research, Development and Technological Innovation (I+D+I) 2004-2007, in the dedicated to the promotion of the Technical Research.
The objectives of the Programme of Development of the Technical Investigation (PROFIT) are in line with the objectives of the National Plan of Scientific Research, Development and Technological Innovation for the period 2008-2010 which aim to:
- promote a competitive co-operative network which enables the application of knowledge and the co-operation of new ideas to the productive process;
- contribute to the improvement of technological centres, of research associations, technological parks and technological platforms, to increase the participation of small and medium companies in the research and innovation system;
- to contribute to conditions which favour:
- the adaptation of R&D activities to the demands of production;
- the increase of the capacity of technological absorption of companies and availability of infrastructures of interdisciplinary and shared use;
- promotion of activities developed in a co-operative way which allows the invigoration of the sectors and markets of quick growth.
Areas partly or wholly related to transport research:
- Promotion of technical research (Industrial Development): Complementary actions of international co-operation, Support to Technology Centres, Information Society Technologies.
Other areas include promotion of technical research within the textile sector, in energy and in industrial policy.
- €329.3 million in 2007
- €22.9 million in 2008