The 2017-2020 State Plan is integrated by four state programs that correspond to the general objectives established in the Spanish Strategy of Science and Technology and Innovation 2013-2020: promotion of talent and its employability, generation of knowledge and strengthening of the system, leadership business in R&D&I and R&D&I oriented to the challenges of society.
- Encourage the incorporation and training of human resources in R&D&I.
- Strengthen scientific leadership and the capabilities of the R&D&I system.
- Activate private investment in R&D&I and the technological capabilities of the productive fabric.
- Promote the potential and impact of R&D&i in benefit of the challenges of society.
- Promote an open and responsible R&D&I model supported by the participation of society.
- Effectively coordinate R&D&i policies and financing at regional, state and European level.