Definition of necessary vehicle and infrastructure systems for automated driving
SMART 64 is a project to define the necessary vehicle and infrastructure systems for automated driving. SMART 64 served as a foundation to other recent and ongoing EC automation projects.
To define the necessary vehicle and infrastructure systems for automated driving.
- It is the driver that needs to understand, accept and buy it
- It is the technology that has to fulfil the safety requirements
- It is the business models that make deployment reality
Research needs include:
- Affordable accuracy and reliability
- Fail safe, graceful degradation
- Clarification of driver role and responsibility
- Adaptation by driver
Results led to first EC Workshop on Automation in October 2011 and to the creation of the iMobility Forum Automation WG
• University of Southampton
• Frost & Sullivan