The elaboration of the standard SIA 269/1 „Maintenance of structures - Actions” is part of the SIA-project „Maintenance of existing structures”. It is foreseen to make available a set of standards concerning the maintenance of existing structures. This set of standards is ranged around the basic code SIA 269 “Basis of maintenance for existing structures”, which contains the following sections:
- Principles (domain of application, terminology, bases, actualized actions and resistances)
- Interventions of periodic maintenance (surveying and maintenance)
- Verification (condition survey, evaluation of the existing condition, recommendation of measure)
- Intervention of a punctual conservation measurement (concept and intervention plan)
The standard SIA 269/1 is going to be part of the general package of the maintenance standards for existing structures. The new standards are analogous organized as the codes for new structures SIA 260 to 267. Fundamental technical and scientific basics which are adjusted to structures will be worked out. The new standard should extend and complete the existing code SIA 261 “Actions on structures”.
The objective is to elaborate a consistent and practical standard in the area of actions, which is compatible to the structural standard SIA 261. Common principles simplify the comprehension of the standard and avoids that different point of views are taking in consideration on an intervention on an existing structure.
According to the internal rules of the SIA (R48; R72; R66)
The main results from project are:
- Elaboration of fundamental technical and scietific basics
- Formulation of the standard text
- Trial application
- External public enquiry and clearing up of objections
- Approval by ZNO
- Publication and translation of the standard