Generally it can be found that they have reached a high level in Switzerland passenger transport models. Improvements consists principally in passenger traffic models for regions, conurbations and municipalities, where the reliability of the model results and the consideration of inter-modality in terms of the assessment of transport policies must be significantly improved.
Based on this finding, the Association of Swiss Transport Engineers has provided in its multiannual program, several research projects on transport models. In a preliminary study, this list should be supplemented and corrected in cooperation with traffic modeling actors in federal offices, cantonal and communal administrations and the universities into a coherent research program. It is clarified that the form of a coordinated processing of these projects with regard to the use of synergies and the know-how mediation is better suited to the practice.
Objectives are summarised into two aspects:
- Formulation of a research program for the enhancement of the state of practice of transportation modelling in urban agglomerations and communities in the light of the increasing importance of traffic management schemes
- Appraisal of the advantages and disadvantages of a "research bundel" and a "research package", recommendations for putting the program into action.
Following tasks were done during the project:
1) Desk Research
2) Expert discussions and Workshop
3) Literature review
4) Clarification of the research needs
5) Comparative evaluation research bundle / package research
The main result is development of a research program for the enhancement of the state of practice of transportation modelling in urban agglomerations and communities in the light of the increasing importance of traffic management schemes.
Coordinated program performed the necessary research in the field of transport models for regions, conurbations and municipalities.