The application of surface protection systems in construction practice shall be improved by introduction of requirements for products based on a classification system. Therefore testing methods to be used in Switzerland as well as approval procedures shall be determined.
Based on actual legislative regulations, technical specifications and guidelines a classification system for surface protection systems as well as the requirements for products and execution will be developed. Testing methods and procedures for the proper use of these systems in Switzerland will be evaluated and determined.
Settlement will be made in the following five steps:
- Clean up objectives and define the classes to be treated of surface protection systems,
- Analysis of available guidelines, recommendations, products, test methods, legal frameworks,
- Definition of target state and find difference,
- Setting of regulation, drafting variants for achievement,
- Development of the scheme by defining and deciding on the necessary elements.
Here is the final report of the project:
The result of the research is the basis for the introduction of a reasonable and practical authorization procedure for surface protection systems and relies on existing standards, guidelines and legal framework conditions.